Wednesday, January 19, 2011

winter sports

Lots of students who come to Montreal to study English or French are usually from "hot" countries, like Mexico, Colombia or Brazil. So, they suffer a lot with the Canadian cold. But the same cold that sometimes makes them sick, can also give them the chance of getting in touch with the amazing winter sports.

Hockey, ski, snowboarding and skating are examples of a kind of sport that does not exist in Brazil. Trying theses sports is always a nice experience, even if are not very successful...

Yesterday I tried skating. I went to an ice ring at the Atrium Le 1000 with some friends from Brazil and Mexico. It was really nice to see all those people sliding on the ice and I couldn't wait for the chance of trying. But when I put the skates on I realized that it could be harder than I expected. And it really was!!! I have to confess: after 2 hours of no sliding, I had to give up because my ankles were hurting.

Nevertheless it was a funny experience which I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment