Monday, January 10, 2011

Making a blog for ESL

The picture to the left is a mind map my class prepared to think about how they would create a class blog. They thought of themes, such as recipes, sports, economics and multiculturalism. By sketching freely they also began to explore the graphic qualities of a blog. Their first assignment was to choose an image, and write a paragraph about it. To put actions to words, and to help model what I want them to do, I have prepared this email as an example."-Adam

The picture above is the first challenge in the creation of our class blog. Drawing the picture was the way we found to discuss what we want to write about. And there are very different interests: sports, politics, economy, culture and music. I think it's normal, because we have so many different people in class. But the question I make now is: Will we be able to write about so many different things and make Adam be proud of us???? I hope so." -Fabiano

No comments:

Post a Comment